YOU KNOW WHAT ERKS ME

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Patrick Swayze is Dying of Cancer

so that is what the National Enquirer is reporting. They are saying he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in January, treatments are not working and has less than 5 weeks to live. I hope this is a lie. Patrick Swayze is one of my first loves...

UPDATE
Patrick's reps just released this statement:

"Actor Patrick Swayze has been diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and is currently undergoing treatment. Patrick's physician Dr. George Fisher states, 'Patrick has a very limited amount of disease and he appears to be responding well to treatment thus far. All of the reports stating the timeframe of his prognosis and his physical side effects are absolutely untrue. We are considerably more optimistic.' Patrick is continuing his normal schedule during this time, which includes working on upcoming projects. The outpouring of support and concern he has already received from the public is deeply appreciated by Patrick and his family."

4 comments:

Woozie said...

Didn't the National Enquirer also say Laura Bush divorced George after he went on an all-night drinking binge? Or was that Globe?

e.Craig Crawford said...

I wanted to comment on this last night, but could find nothing other than the National Enquirer reference, which I immediately considered to be suspect.

I always hit the snooze button on my radio when I hit the sack, and let the voice of the talk show host lull me into dreamland. Last night it was the news first, where I learned what you stated in your addendum. It sounds quite hopeful for Patrick. And that's good news .. maybe not sensational .. but good all the same.

Ellie said...

hopeful..yes, but the truth is, 95% of people with pancreatic cancer don't live past 6 months, and the other 5% die with in 5 years.

But if you don't have hope, what do you have?

Saskboy said...

Hopefully things go well for him. He did Ghost right? Never saw it.