YOU KNOW WHAT ERKS ME

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rembemering September 11th 2001



I remember, I don't think I could ever forget.


As I kissed my son off to school this morning, I thought to myself how lucky I was to be kissing him. I hugged my daughter and told her how beautiful she was. Tears came to my eyes watching my little boy dressed in his red, white, and blue run off to play.


I remember the year we went to war w/ Iraq. My brother joined the Marines.


I say though the war may not be right for everyone, I sure feel safer at night knowing Sadam is no longer a threat to my family.


Never Forget.



Unfortunately for him, that is something my brother Jonathan Andrew, will never forget. But they do it for us.
It's okay not to relive the horrors of that day, just never forget the one's standing up for you because of that day.

Just looking at this photograph fills my hear with tears of pride and of sadness. Proud he is my brother in that photograph, and sad that he is my brother in that photograph.

4 comments:

Ben said...

These photographs are still very difficult for me to look at.

This day is still very difficult to be me.

I still remember a piece of me that was torn away that day, a piece of me I'll never get back. As I sat on the floor of the library at York College in disbelief, staring up at the television, I was unable to process what was happening. I was sad. I was scared. I wanted more than anything for everyone to be okay.

The piece of me that was torn away is filled, once a year, on this day, with the thoughts of those who lost their lives that day, and the thoughts of those who took those lives that day, and my struggle to understand why they wanted to, and my hope that me wanting to understand, will help them be more tolerant.

Love conquers all. We will always miss you.

EJL said...

I remember my mother in law running into my room telling me that the trade center had been hit by a plane.
We ran to the television and watched in horror the live news coverage as a second plane went into the trade center again.
A fear overtook me and we instantly knew our country was being attacked.

I remember sitting outside our home watching the fighter pilots leading jets into Washington all day.

I remember sitting there crying wondering where my best friend was at the Pentegon or my husbands Uncle who phoned from New York when the first plane went into the tower.

God it was an awful day.

Anonymous said...

;'Sadam is no longer a threat to my family."

you still don't listen, do you?
Saddam was never a threat to your family. he never had anything to do with 9/11. Do some damn research instead of holding on to "someone" to blame.

EJL said...

Anon, if you had come here on that day, there was another post, with more pictures and the entire site was taken down with just the pictures and never forget the only words on the site.

The post on the site now, was entered the day after.

I didn't say that sadam was 9/11, but you are ignorant to think that he had nothing to do with it.

I mentioned sadam and my family b/c my brother was there for two tours. And I felt better knowing he was out of power and my brother was still alive.

Though this is an open forum, please don't respond to this post, b/c it is really personal for me to talk about my brother, Iraq, and 9/11 b/c it hit so close to my family.

You know nothing about me and my family, and I would ask you respect my feelings.