YOU KNOW WHAT ERKS ME

Thursday, January 22, 2009

The hardest conversation I've had

So in the midst of losing my job, I had to have one of the hardest conversations with my son that I have ever had.

One of Tyler's Teachers died suddenly.
Mrs. Janice. Tyler's first 'teacher friend' at school passed away due to the malpractice of some careless doctors.

He put his head in my lap and said "Mommy, I'm sad."

He didn't understand why God took her away and why, when God makes her all better, why she couldn't come back again.

It wasn't a conversation I had expected to have with him so early. I certainly never thought that I would have to tell my son a teacher of his died.

I can't say it was easy.

3 comments:

Nikky said...

wow, Ellie, I'm sorry this had to happen, to Tyler and to you, as a mom. I can't imagine having a conversation like that with one of my kids. But I'm sure you can help him get through this, you're a great mom!

Nikky said...

Ok, I just reread that, and I didn't mean to make it sound like "Im sorry this happened TO YOU"... I am sorry for this teacher's family, and I'm sure the community is mourning the loss as well...
didn't mean to sound so callous!

Anonymous said...

yes, she was a really sweet lady.
A grand-mother type.

And to die like that from someone's negligence...so senseless.