YOU KNOW WHAT ERKS ME

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My conversation with Hubby..


Conversation begins with me :
"Hunny"
"uh huh"
" Do you remember when my last period was?"
long pause... "No, do you"
"No, I don't"
eerie silence for me.. unconfortable silence while sweating profusly for him.

Two days later I still had no answer, until I finally broke down and took a test at the request of my friend who is trying to get pregnant. There was only 1 pink line. For those of you out there that have never taken a test, it means not pregnant.
So the following conversation with hubby took place about an hour ago.
Me..."I'm not pregnant"
Him... "Are you mad at me?"

How sweet. But what could he be thinking that I would be mad at him. Afterall, we decided that the next pregnancy would be planned. If I was pregnant, it wouldn't be planned.
So why is it then, I really feel like crying.

4 comments:

Hypersonic said...

cos babies are cool.

Nicole said...

Oh Ellie!!!

are you ready for another?
If you are wanting to be, I will have good thoughts for you.

You feel like crying because if you were at the point of taking a test, you were probably a little used to the idea and disappointment is disappointment, whether something is planned or not.

I wish I could give you a big hug right now!!!

EJL said...

I am ready, it seems though, hubby is not.

My body is screaming for another baby. And I know that my son is ready to have a play mate. I watch him play by himself sometimes and it saddens me. I can play with him all I want, but it isn't the same as having a sibling. Plus I want them to have a bond. Sometimes age difference prevents that.

We will see..sigh

Southern (in)Sanity said...

Wow, I'm not sure how to respond to that one. I'm not married, and I'm not a father, so perhaps I should just say I hope it works out for you!