YOU KNOW WHAT ERKS ME

Monday, October 02, 2006

I want a lolli too!

Sometimes I wonder how kids do it! They throw their bodies full force to the ground, kick and scream, tears pouring from their eyes, mean little nasties flowing from their mouths and yet somehow they end up getting what they want. The temper tantrum, no matter how much we hate it, 8 times out of 10, it works.
As an adult, I am envious. Why can't we do the same thing. I know, I know, it's called being an adult, but how come all the old ways of getting what you want are out the window? Why do we always have to work for it? Can't things just come easy? I want a lolli too! (stomp stomp) I see all my friends with lolli's, figuratively speaking, and it's like I am a child in a candy store whose daddy says I am the only one not allowed to have a lolli. I want one darnit!

So what do we, as adults, do, to get what we want, manipulatively speaking? I don't want to have to work for it!

2 comments:

Southern (in)Sanity said...

It works eight times out of 10 for kids???? It sure wasn't close to that for me!!!!

Luckily, my brother and sister-in-law have raised my nephew right. We went to the mall a few weeks ago, and he and I were in the toy store. He didn't ask for a single thing.

Of course, bad uncle that I am, I bought him something just for being so nice and well-behaved.

As far as adults, I'm not sure how that works.

EJL said...

I don't know if you got the lolli reference, but the thing is this,

My bf Katie, a couple months ago, became preggers..

Hubby's sister became preggers,

And I just got a call from my other
BF Angie who is preggers!!!

Everyone is having a baby, but me. My body is screaming "BABY TIME" but hubby isn't ready.

Not sure if a temper tantrum would fix this one! But it is hard for a woman to have all her friends and family around her having babies and wanting one so badly, but can't...I'm not going to steal his sperm!