YOU KNOW WHAT ERKS ME

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Aids in Africa

So I watched the telethon for American Idol. It focused on the poor in America and the poor in Africa. I hate watching things like that on TV, especially about Africa, because my heart breaks for all the children and you feel helpless and like maybe a little guilty for what you have. Hubby and I were talking, and I thought to myself, really what could I do? If every american gave a donation, it still wouldn't be enough to stop the Aids epidemic over there. It would go towards the medicines they need to substain life. My husband said that until they stopped procreating the Aids epidemic would keep spreading. I, personally, don't even think that it has to do with unprotective sex any more. It is a combination of living conditions, sterility, sex, ritual, education and lack of medical care.

It's hard to believe that we haven't found a cure yet.
Here is a link to learn more about the aids epidemic in Africa. I must warn you, it is graphic.
You can go here to donte to the American Idol Gives Back fund.

No comments: