YOU KNOW WHAT ERKS ME

Monday, October 20, 2008

I started building my bunker!

Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."


"I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate," Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. "And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."



Come on Biden....WTF??? I just pootied in my pants.... way to make the American people feel safe and secure.

WAIT THERE'S MORE!!!!
Gird your loins,(I think my husband has those)" Biden told the crowd. "We're gonna win with your help, God willing, we're gonna win, but this is not gonna be an easy ride. This president, the next president, is gonna be left with the most significant task. It's like cleaning the Augean stables, man. This is more than just, this is more than – think about it, literally, think about it – this is more than just (this is more than just...just... just) a capital crisis, this is more than just markets. This is a systemic problem we have with this economy."

yeah you think I made a typo didn't you...nope, that is word for word....hold on...don't leave me yet!!!

"I've forgotten more about foreign policy than most of my colleagues know, so I'm not being falsely humble with you. (crickets chirping now) I think I can be value added, but this guy has it," the Senate Foreign Relations chairman said of Obama. "This guy has it. But he's gonna need your help. Because I promise you, you all are gonna be sitting here a year from now going, 'Oh my God, why are they there in the polls? Why is the polling so down? Why is this thing so tough?' We're gonna have to make some incredibly tough decisions in the first two years. So I'm asking you now, I'm asking you now, be prepared to stick with us. Remember the faith you had at this point because you're going to have to reinforce us."

"There are gonna be a lot of you who want to go, 'Whoa, wait a minute, yo, whoa, whoa, I don't know about that decision'," Biden continued. "Because if you think the decision is sound when they're made, which I believe you will when they're made, they're not likely to be as popular as they are sound. Because if they're popular, they're probably not sound."
( Or the sound of crickets chirping)

Whoa, wait a minute, yo!! yo yo yo! Wait a minute...is that sound, or was that a sound of popular, I mean a popular sound, aw shit yo, I am popularly sound, I think..wait...say that again....Yo.

Dear Readers
Now folks, I have been swaying in the wind lately, even kinda thought I might vote for Obama, then McCain, then Obama, then McCain, and realized that the Vice Presidents are the one's I am really looking at this time. And honestly, I didn't understand a F***ing word of that from Biden.

What are we getting ourselves into?

8 comments:

paz y amor said...

Yo, Biden really said, "YO"??? They've said all along that Biden talks a bit too much, and, well, there ya go. It sounds like he's trying to use scare tactics but it didn't quite work out so well- and the fact that he's feeling the need to lower expectations is a bit odd if you ask me. Maybe someone needs to tell him to shut it before he scares potential voters off.

Ben said...

"I might vote for Obama, then McCain, then Obama, then McCain, and realized that the Vice Presidents are the one's I am really looking at this time."

#1) If the VP is the only remaining consideration, it's no contest. Biden might SAY idiotic things, but Palin is truly an idiot.

#2) You should largely ignore the VP selection, for two reasons--McCain will largely ignore his, and Obama will listen then do what he wants anyway. Well, unless you're like me and you're over 90% certain McCain will die in office if elected. It sure makes my decision easier.

#3) All that said, Biden has gone as a 7 outta 10 for me, to a 6, to a 5, and is now hanging out at about a 3. I don't like the guy. I can't tell when he knows what he's talking about, when he's talking out of his ass, and when he's absolutely lying. The good news for him is Palin started at 3, and has plummetted to -10, where she'll likely stay for the duration of her existence.

EJL said...

The main reason I dislike Palin is.. I think she is a bad mother.

Biden.. I think is an idiot.


Yes I think McCain might kick the bucket... but in all honesty.. I think that Obama might too. As much as I hate saying that.. that man's life is in danger b/c we live in a hateful world. And it would be a shame b/c I truly don't think he is a bad man.

The world should just forget about them and give me a hammer, I will fix it... all of it.

(ps..neither canidate has said really what funding they will cut. They are saving that until after the vote...then Biden will stand up and say, "did I forget to mention we are cutting funding on education? Now I know that's not the popular choice..but isn't it sound, yo?"

Then Palin will chime in..."yup! dontcha know it Joe!"

Just Dave said...

Hey, Dan Quayle was an idiot and he didn't do any harm, right? Mostly, I agree with FDR's VP, John Nance Garner, who once said that the vice-presidency wasn't worth a warm bucket of spit. My real problem with Sarah Palin is that it feels like John McCain said to his advisors, "Hey, that Clinton chick did pretty good. Go find me a broad for VP". And he expects that all women will vote for her because she is a woman. Well, folks, I think we are smarter than that. I know a number of black people that are not voting for Obama because he is black and a number of women that are not voting for McCain because he has a woman on the ticket. I think, in the end, you just have to trust your instincts. And vote for Raplh Nader-lol.

e.Craig Crawford said...

Any candidate that can spell "potato" is Vice President material.

But I have no idea why Biden would say such a thing .. maybe he wants to see McCain's polling figures go up.

EJL said...

Just Dave, he must of had something in mind when picking Palin, just look at ther turn outs when speaking. Her turn outs bring in double than the turnouts of McCain. I wonder why that is?

Ecraig, Biden is a fool. I think he sticks his foot in his mouth too much. I think McCain spoke correctly when he said we don't need a president that welcomes "testing" and that garantees his decisions won't be popular.
I think it is odd how the Obama camp can so easily deflect attention. This statement was made and all you hear about on the news, unless it's fox, is how Obama's grandmother broker her hip.

Now, he is going on SNL on Nov. 1st.... It is all advertising with his campaign, no real plan. That is what scares me.

I think Palin did SNL to shut down Tina Fey. The skit to me was uuuh

e.Craig Crawford said...

Palin did well on SNL, imo. I loved it when she told Alec that his brother was her favorite Baldwin.

Woozie said...

#1) If the VP is the only remaining consideration, it's no contest. Biden might SAY idiotic things, but Palin is truly an idiot.

This.