YOU KNOW WHAT ERKS ME

Friday, December 29, 2006

Looking back....is it easy?

Free Graphics
As the new year approaches I have been thinking alot to myself what that means for me. The New Year is supposed to represent a clean start ( so we would like to think) but I wonder how many out there are haunted by past events. When I think about my past, there are so many things that I could have done differently. But then if I had done them differently would I be where I am and have what I have today. I think that this year has been a bit monumental for me. I have become a stronger person that I ever thought I could me. I have learned to stand up for myself, and I have learned how to be more loving towards my husband. Not that I wasn't loving, I just went into a bit of a nagging spell.
But it isn't just this year I reflect upon. I thought back to different times in my life that had major impacts on me, not all good, and the emotions come flooding back. I wonder, if every year is a clean start, why do things that happened 7 years ago still hurt when I think about them. I guess it's probably the same reason that I smile when I think about the wonderful things that have happened in my life.
2007 is going to be a major year for us, we are welcoming a new child into the world, and even though that hasn't happened yet, I smile and shed a happy tear.
I like the fact that I feel and I don't forget. It makes me who I am.
Happy New Year Everyone! I will see you again in 2007!

Free Graphics

2 comments:

Southern (in)Sanity said...

Happy New Year to you too, Ellie.

e.Craig Crawford said...

Wishing you and yours a prosperous new year, Ellie.