YOU KNOW WHAT ERKS ME

Monday, November 26, 2007

Turducken




Yes that is what I had for Thanksgiving, a Turducken.
What is a Turducken? One might ask....
A Turducken is a partially de-boned turkey stuffed with a de-boned duck, which itself is stuffed with a small de-boned chicken. The name is a portmanteau of those ingredients: turkey, duck, and chicken. The cavity of the chicken and the rest of the gaps are filled with, at the very least, a highly seasoned breadcrumb mixture or sausage meat, although some versions have a different stuffing for each bird. Some recipes call for the turkey to be stuffed with a chicken which is then stuffed with a duckling

Well was it good?
NO ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! I WAS GIPPED OUT OF A THANKSGIVING TURKEY!!!!
Why? Because my brother wanted to try something new. My parents always give into him. He is the 'favorite' (I am being silly)
It tasted okay, but nothing could replace a good old fashioned home cooked turkey for Thanksgiving dinner. Sigh...woe is me.

9 comments:

Southern (in)Sanity said...

That doesn't look - or sound - very appetizing.

You should tell your brother he has had his chance - and he is OUT.

Hypersonic said...

Actually I'd like to give that a try. Though I can feel my arteries hardening just from the description.

Nikky said...

I've heard about these, never heard from someone who has tried one, so I'm happy to hear your opinion!

Anonymous said...

Yuck...just from the description alone..

I'm with you. Give me the good Ol' fashioned Turkey!

Nicole said...

no offense but that has got to be the HOMLIEST, FUGLIEST freak of reject turkey I have EVER laid eyes on. I don't think i would have been able to have even eaten it. I am funny that way...if something turns me off, there is just no way I can put it in my mouth

e.Craig Crawford said...

Well I think I could get past the "FUGLY" if the result was an eatin' treat. It sounded so good as you described it, Ellie. I guess it had your expectations up too.

Just Dave said...

I have also had the misfortune of eating turducken and I have to agree that it tasted more like the first four letters of the word than anything like the birds involved.

Jahooni said...

Turducken... any food with the name Turd in it should tell you something!

Jason said...

You are the first person I've ever come across who has actually eaten one of these things. I've always been intrigued, but not so much anymore.