YOU KNOW WHAT ERKS ME

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Who's the cow now?

Okay, so this morning, I was humbled. I realized what a hoo haa I could be. I went to WaWa for gas and coffee this morning. I pulled up to the pump and would normally go in and prepay for the gas, buy my coffee and whatever else at the same time. This morning I decided to pay at the pump and then go in. So I am pumping gas and what happens?...someone pulls up behind me to use the pump when I am finished. I am thinking, "damnit, I should of prepaid inside..now I am going to have to move my car for this dumb bitch that parked behind me." I was sitting there stewing the entire time.
So I pumped, and moved my car, went inside to get my coffee and ordered some breakfast. When walking inside I see the woman get out of her car with her kid and start to walk inside to prepay for her gas and buy whatever else... I thought to myself , what a dumb broad.
I am pouring my coffee and up behind me I hear
"Exuse me"
I turn to see the woman, and I thought, shit she saw me roll my eyes at her "yes" I reply
"I was parked behind you at the pump..." (Oh shit here it comes)"and I noticed when you pulled away, you didn't put your gas cap back on"
shocked... I say "Oh, thank you so much, I never would have noticed"
and she said "yes, I was thinking, oh good she is pulling over and I can tell her about her cap, have a nice day!"
humbled I say "you have a nice day too...thank you so much!"

I can't believe I acted like that. Figures that would happen. Has something similar happened to you like that...you act like a bitch and the other person, totally oblivious, comes up and does something nice to you?

I feel like a total cow!

4 comments:

Southern (in)Sanity said...

Don't worry about it. 99 times out of 100, you would have been right with your initial reaction.

Anonymous said...

Daaaang, girl....

I'd have felt guilty as all get out.

So, you bought her some coffee, right?? ;)

e.Craig Crawford said...

It's good for our characters to be humbled once in a while. I'm going to blame your "attitude" on hormones, Ellie. After all, you ARE a new mommy. :-)

Nikky said...

Been there, done that. I think it's just that there are so many times that it turns out as you assumed, then once in a blue moon, you get that humbling shock, you just don't expect it... but I always think it's a good thing to have that "wow, people don't ALL suck" moment every once in a while!